With all the family gatherings and weekend getaways to look forward to, we all want to keep acne at bay during the summer. The unfortunate reality about this time of year, however, is it’s harder to escape the oil and sweat that clog up pores and worsen breakouts.
Acne occurs when your pores become congested with dead skin cells, bacteria and sebum. Reducing flare ups on your own is not always easy to solve, especially when the root cause isn’t so clear. It may be a damaged skin microbiome, genetics or a hormonal imbalance that’s causing an uptick in blemishes.
But no matter what the cause of your acne is, our skin care experts are well-equipped to help you find the solution that’s right for you. For a breakout-free summer, discover our top acne-fighting treatments:
Eminence Organic Skin Care products
For acne-prone skin types, caring for your skin microbiome is key to clearing breakouts. Your skin microbiome is a collection of all the healthy and harmful microorganisms that live on and within your skin. When your microbiome is nourished and balanced, it creates a protective barrier, blocking out acne-causing bacteria. One way to maintain microbiome balance is by using the right combination of pre, pro and postbiotics. This brings us to the Kombucha Microbiome Collection by Eminence Organic Skin Care. Formulated with replenishing ingredients like kombucha, white tea, ginger and jasmine, this collection is designed to balance your skin microbiome naturally. Each of the four products helps strengthen the moisture barrier with pre, pro and postbiotics to reveal a luminous, healthy-looking complexion.
● Kombucha Microbiome Foaming Cleanser – Removes impurities without over-stripping moisture.
● Kombucha Microbiome Balancing Essence – Restores the look of balanced skin with pre, pro and postbiotics.
● Kombucha Microbiome Leave-On Masque – Helps the skin appear hydrated and healthy.
● Kombucha Microbiome Luminosity Serum – Evens tone and boosts skin luminosity.
Treatment from Dr. Jeff Alexander’s Dermatology Clinic
In our very building, you’ll find Jeff Alexander, M.D., Skin Care Institute’s Medical Director. Dr. Alexander offers comprehensive dermatological care through his Dermatology Clinic, including specialized acne treatment. As a patient in Dr. Alexander’s acne clinic, you will be given a personalized treatment plan to address your specific skin care needs. Acne treatments may include lasers or chemical peels in combination with topical medicines or antibiotics targeted to treat the damaging effects of acne and help prevent future breakouts.
● Laser acne treatment – Reduces inflammation to help minimize existing breakouts while inhibiting sebum and oil production to control future breakouts.
● Chemical peel – Removes dead skin cells and excess oil through exfoliation, clearing up pore blockages and reducing breakouts.